Video walls are becoming more popular and versatile in various settings, such as corporate lobbies, museums, conference rooms, control rooms, and entertainment venues. They can display stunning images, videos, data, and applications that capture the attention and imagination of the viewers. But to create a truly immersive and effective video wall, you need a powerful and flexible video wall processor that can handle multiple sources and outputs, as well as offer advanced features and integration options.
In this blog post, we will introduce you to video wall processors from RGB Spectrum, a leading provider of video wall solutions for over 30 years. We will explain what video wall processors are, what they can do, and why you should choose RGB Spectrum for your video wall needs.
What are video wall processors?
Video wall processors are devices that enable the display of multiple sources across a video wall, which can consist of projectors, LCS monitors, or LED panels. A video wall processor can accept various types of inputs, such as HDMI, DVI, VGA, SDI, IP, and KVM, and output them to the video wall in different layouts, sizes, and positions. Video wall processors can also perform functions such as scaling, cropping, rotating, and windowing of the sources, as well as switching, routing, and mixing of the audio.
What can video wall processors do?
A Video Wall Processor can do a lot more than just display multiple sources on a video wall. They can also:
- Provide an unparalleled collaboration tool, allowing multiple decision-makers to share a common operating picture
- Support multi-user operation, with sequential control or arbitration between users
- Offer advanced features such as mirroring (aka mimicking) of a video wall for encoding and remote distribution
- Integrate with KVM systems, such as the XtendPoint KVM-over-IP platform, to enable remote access and control of the sources
- Connect with AV-over-IP platforms, such as the Zio platform, to transmit video, decode IP streams for display, and encode an image of the video wall for remote distribution
- Run Windows applications, such as web browsers, media players, and office software, on the video wall processor itself (only for PC-based processors)
Why choose RGB Spectrum for video wall processors?
RGB Spectrum offers a range of video wall processors to suit different needs and preferences. They have three video wall processor architectures to choose from: Zio, Galileo, and MediaWall. Each of them has its own advantages and features, but they all share some common characteristics, such as:
- Flexibility and Scalability: they can power up to three video walls or auxiliary displays from a single chassis. They also have a configurable card cage that offers choices of I/O to ensure a fit with current requirements and futureproofing.
- Reliability and security: They are designed to operate 24/7 in mission-critical environments, such as security, defense, and public safety. They also offer a secure Linux environment for MediaWall processors and a secure network protocol for Zio processors.
- Compatibility and interoperability: They can work with any type of display technology that adheres to industry standards, such as LCD monitors, LED modules, and projectors. They can also integrate with other systems and platforms, such as KVM, AV-over-IP, and Windows applications.
5 Solutions to Consider for Your Video Wall Processor Needs
Zio 4000 Video Wall Processor
The Zio 4000 Wall Processor is part of the Zio platform, which delivers reliable Video-over-IP distribution and management across WANs and LANs using standard 1 Gigabit Ethernet. The Zio product family includes encoders, decoders, multiviewers, wall processors, and apps for smart displays and mobile devices.
Some of the benefits of the Zio 4000 Wall Processor are:
- Built-In Software for Ease of Management: A powerful drag-and-drop user interface comes standard on each Zio 4000 device. The GUI provides quick and easy configuration of the video wall, eliminating the need for advanced device programming skills. Live thumbnail previews of baseband and Zio IP sources, and user-defined presets for layouts and routing, are among the many easy-to-use features.
- Zio 4000 Plus: More Power and More Capabilities: We’ve introduced a new options package for our Zio 4000 series. With the Zio 4000 Plus software licensing option, you can get all our standard features plus the following:
- Display Applications over Industry-Standard VNC or RDP: View complex content running on Windows, Linux, or macOS computers on your video wall, including SCADA control systems, video management software, access control applications, demanding websites, and more over IP connections. Because the content is transported via VNC or RDP, direct connections over HDMI® ports are not required, resulting in additional input capability without the cost of a larger video processor. VNC and RDP are in addition to H.264 and IP sources already accepted in the base system.
- Customize Your Display with Videos and Images: Present local videos and image files. Display logos, animations, corporate videos, or other content. Resize, position, and layer content anywhere on your video wall.
- LDAP/Active Directory User Authentication: Zio provides multiple ways to authenticate user access for added security. In addition to using a local database, you can now tie into industry-standard LDAP or Active Directory for user authentication.
- Versatility: It can work in a standalone environment or as a part of the Zio AV-over-IP platform, supporting a mix of local baseband and IP video, as well as web-based inputs and VNC/RDP clients.
- Performance: It supports 4K 60Hz resolution end-to-end, with a drag-and-drop GUI that offers live thumbnail previews and the ability to mix live video and web-based content on the video wall.
- Expandability: It can be integrated with other Zio products, such as encoders, decoders, multiviewers, and networked KVM, to create a scalable and flexible AV-over-IP solution for any application.
Zio D3000 Video Wall Processor
Zio D3000 Wall Processor is a flexible and powerful solution for video walls. Some of the benefits of the Zio D3000 wall processor are:
- AV-over-IP Technology: The Zio D3000 wall processor works with our advanced Zio® AV-over-IP encoders, which allow signals up to 4K UHD to be encoded, sent across a standard IP network, and decoded for display in a window on the video wall. This technology enables high-quality video transmission over IP networks, both dedicated and shared.
- Seamless Switching: The Zio system offers seamless switching over the IP network infrastructure, ensuring smooth and uninterrupted video display. You can easily switch between different sources and layouts on the video wall, without any lag or distortion.
- H.264 and H.265 Decoding: The Zio D3000 wall processor supports H.264 and H.265 decoding up to 4K UHD, which are the industry standard compression formats for video over IP. This means you can display up to 11x 2K or 2x 4K resolution IP streams on your video wall, with minimal bandwidth consumption and maximum quality.
- Scripting Interface: The Zio D3000 wall processor offers a scripting interface for external system control, allowing you to integrate your video wall with other devices and applications. You can automate and customize your video wall operations, such as scheduling, presets, and alerts, using the scripting interface.
The Zio D3000 wall processor is part of the Zio product line, which includes encoder, decoder, multiviewer, and wall processor models that support 2K or 4K video over IP. Zio endpoints encode and decode video, audio, and control signals using industry standard compression.
Galileo Display Video Wall Processor
The Galileo Display Processor is an economical and reliable solution for video walls. Some of the benefits of the Galileo Display Processor are:
- PC-based Architecture: The Galileo Display Processor is designed around a PC-based architecture, which adds the benefits of PC-based systems, such as IP inputs and the ability to run applications natively, to the video wall system. This means you can display any content from any source on your video wall, without compromising on quality or performance.
- IP Streaming Capabilities: The Galileo Display Processor supports IP streaming capabilities, which allow you to encode and decode IP streams of up to 4K / UHD resolution. You can also encode IP streams of the entire wall or any region of interest, and transmit them across the network. This allows you to push content to anyone, anywhere in the world, with minimal latency and bandwidth consumption.
- Remote Desktop Technology: The Galileo Display Processor offers remote desktop technology, which allows you to access and control your video wall from any location. You can also integrate your video wall with other devices and applications, using the scripting interface for system control. This enhances the flexibility and functionality of your video wall system.
- 24/7 Reliability and Real-time Performance: The Galileo Display Processor delivers 24/7 reliability and real-time performance, unlike other PC-based systems that can drop frames or cause image tearing. The processor’s solid state drive and dual-redundant power supplies ensure uninterrupted operation and data protection. The optimized components enable the Galileo video wall system to deliver superb image quality and real-time throughput.
The Galileo Display Processor supports a full range of input and output types (IP, analog, DVI/HDMI®, 3G/HD-SDI). It also supports overlap for edge-blenders and bezel compensation, automatic Zio encoder stream discovery, and HDCP support.
MediaWall V Display Processor
The MediaWall V Display Processor is a reliable and user-friendly solution for video walls. Some of the benefits of the MediaWall V Display Processor are:
- Hardware-based Architecture: The MediaWall V Display Processor features an architecture that combines the real-time processing and reliability of a hardware-based processor. Unlike software-based systems that can be prone to hacking, lagging, or crashing, the MediaWall V processor ensures smooth and secure operation of your video wall system.
- 4K Resolution I/O and Fully-Scalable Windows: The MediaWall V processor supports a full range of I/O resolutions including 4K (4096 x 2160), UHD (3840 x 2160), 2K (2048 x 1152/1080), and HD (1920 x 1080). It can display up to 36 video/graphic direct inputs and up to 28 outputs/display devices. Inputs are fully scalable for output to a UHD video wall or for display on standard video walls. HDCP capability allows the display of protected content. The processor can display any configuration of window layouts across a multi-screen array. Windows can be sized as required anywhere, within or across screen boundaries, in any aspect ratio and zoomed in to emphasize details.
- User-Friendly Features and Control Interface: The MediaWall V processor offers extensive user-friendly features, such as custom output resolutions for LED video walls, up to 60 preset layouts, overlap for edge-blenders and bezel compensation, intuitive user interface with dynamic thumbnails, optional accessory supports 4K 60Hz output, supports multiple video walls, and integrated signal switching. The processor also features an easy-to-operate control interface, which allows you to manage your video wall system with ease and convenience.
MediaWall 1900/2900 Display Processors
MediaWall 1900/2900 Display Processors are the best-in-class solutions for video walls. Some of the benefits of the MediaWall 1900/2900 Display Processors are:
- Real-time Embedded Operating Systems: The MediaWall 1900/2900 Display Processor uses real-time embedded operating systems that are purpose-built to handle video and graphics. This ensures unparalleled flexibility, enhanced security, and real-time throughput with no dropped frames, to provide users with a superb visual experience.
- Plug-and-Play Operation: The MediaWall 1900/2900 Display Processor offers easy configuration of window layouts and presets, with plug-and-play operation. The MediaWall 1900 configures up to eight multi-format windows that can be output to two monitors or projectors. The MediaWall 2900 also offers eight multi-format windows that can be output to four monitors or projectors with full bezel compensation.
- Multi-Format Inputs and Outputs: The MediaWall 1900/2900 Display Processor accepts DVI, HDMI®, and RGB inputs, and supports video and graphic signals up to 1920×1200 and HD inputs up to 2048×1152. With the optional DVI dual-link output option, the MediaWall 2900 Display Processor can support output resolutions up to 2560×1600. In addition, when used with a Zio® Codec, the video wall systems can also display IP streams from remote locations.
- Window Layout Possibilities: The MediaWall 1900/2900 Display Processor truly excels when it comes to window layout possibilities. MediaWall processors can display windows in any size or position, including across bezels, in the correct aspect ratio or stretched to fit, with pixel-perfect clarity. Windows can be bordered and labeled, and the image inside the window can be panned or zoomed. The processors also support overlap for edge-blenders and bezel compensation, and can save and recall up to 50 presets.
Learn more: Video Wall Processors | RGB Spectrum
Partnered with C&C Technology Group to bring you a range of solutions for your multi-window video walls
C&C Technology Group proudly collaborates with RGB Spectrum across diverse sectors. When you choose RGB Spectrum, you’re selecting a brand synonymous with reliability, innovation, and quality. Their unwavering commitment to harnessing cutting-edge technology results in user-friendly, efficient, and dependable solutions that stand out in the industry. With a customer-centric approach, RGB Spectrum ensures that each solution seamlessly aligns with client requirements. Together, We are continually pushing the boundaries of visual technology. As a testament to the transformative power of innovative solutions, RGB Spectrum redefines how we process and display information. To learn more about this dynamic partnership, connect with us today!
Last Updated on February 13, 2024 by Josh Mahan