What Is PoE Lighting?
PoE lighting uses Power over Ethernet technology to connect, monitor, and control LED light fixtures in smart building solutions. Unlike traditional lighting options, PoE LED lights operate over Ethernet cabling and devices such as PoE switches. Here are some key points:
- Energy Efficiency: LED lighting alone offers a dramatic reduction in energy required per lumen compared to incandescent and halogen equivalents. When combined with PoE, the benefits multiply.
- Reduced Costs: PoE lighting reduces up-front construction costs, installation time, and carbon footprint. No separate conduit or high-voltage copper wiring is needed.
- Flexibility: With PoE, you can place fixtures anywhere without proximity to a power outlet. It enables creative design and placement options.
- Energy Optimization: The building’s network acts as a sensor, allowing quantification of energy consumption. Shades can be interconnected for further savings.
- Smart Automation: PoE lighting can be managed via software, creating unique scenes and schedules. Sensors turn off lights when rooms are empty.
Advantages of Upgrading to PoE LED Lights in Data Centers:
- Lower Costs: Using UPoE ports (60 watts) to power two 2×2 lights each, PoE costs the same or less than traditional AC lighting during construction or retrofitting.
- Energy Savings: POE LED lights provide more lumens per watt than fluorescent and incandescent lights. They reduce your building’s electrical load by 50-90%.
- Centralized Control: PoE LED lights allows centralized management of lighting, window shades, and HVAC systems, leading to energy efficiency.
- Customization: Alter lighting color for coding cabinets or hardware. Set organization policies on each fixture.
- Employee Productivity: Minimize circadian rhythm impact by optimizing lighting pathways to emergency exits.
MHT Technologies Inspextor Solution
MHT Technologies is a global leader in PoE technology and smart building solutions. MHT Technologies offers a complete platform that delivers market-leading reliability in PoE lighting, in addition to endless integrations for a truly smart data center. MHT Technologies’ intelligent building solution, Inspextor, is powered by four components:
- PoE: PoE technology delivers low voltage, safe, and efficient DC power, and bi-directional data over one CAT 5/6e Ethernet cable.
- Inspextor Software: Inspextor is an end-to-end PoE technology solution for smart buildings. It is the software that brings connected devices and 3rd party software together into one easy-to-use and highly secure platform.
- Powered Devices: If the device meets the power requirements or has an open API, it can connect to Inspextor. This includes LED fixtures, emergency lighting, access controls, environmental sensors, security systems, and more.
- Inspextor’s Sustainability Insights: Inspextor’s developers have created a market-leading AI-based sustainability dashboard to help reduce energy consumption (beta). Set sustainability goals, produce reports, and see real-time AI-based suggestions for optimizing energy consumption in the data center.
The MHT Technologies Solution
If you are interested in learning more about MHT Technologies’ PoE-based Data Center and Inspextor software for your data center, please contact your local C&C Technology Group representative. They will be able to provide you with more information about the product’s features and benefits, as well as answer any questions you may have. You can also visit the MHT Technologies website to learn more about their products and services.
Last Updated on November 9, 2023 by Josh Mahan